The FMT-100 kW Microwave Generator is an advanced solution that complies with the most rigorous global electrical and safety standards. Its meticulous design provides the safest operating environment available for industrial microwave processors. Building upon the powerful and dependable GET series, we recently completed the design and launch of our FMT series of generators. The aim and result is the safest 100 kW microwave generator available on the market.
These units are highly adaptable, and provide reliable power to several different applications requiring microwave energy.
FMT 100 kW Microwave Generator: New Features
The foundation of our generator designs place emphasis on durability, reliability, and consistent performance. Our proven, rugged, and dependable generators have a legacy of reliable power and safe operation in all kinds of applications. Over the past few years, we researched and developed advanced features to take safe operation to the next level. As a result, we now provide the safest operating environment available, with the FMT-100 kW microwave generator.
As a design overview, new features of the generator includes:
1. “Tube in a box” design for superior EMI filtering.
2. External circulator outside requires no blocking plate and allows for external cooling connections.
3. “Soft start” provided as standard equipment.
4. Physical locks on all panel doors.
5. External cooling skid on outside enables ease of access, as well as:
a. A separate voltage supply so pump stays on if generator distribution circuit breaker trips during a magnetron overload.
b. A separate assembly that mounts to the side of the generator (single generator design only).
c. Disconnect/lockout located next to pump.
6. Low voltage box on front door for added safety.
7. Measurement of anode current, solenoid current, high voltage, and filament current and actual power from the magnetron tube.
8. Directional couplers on the microwave launcher to measure actual power and reflected power back to the magnetron tube. When paired with directional couplers on the waveguide run, this allows for sophisticated efficiency analysis.
9. Non-contact door switch for high-voltage transformer/diodes section of generator.
10. Power is calculated based on actual anode current on the tube, rather than the line current being fed to the generator.
11. Optional control screen mounted into the front door enclosure of the unit.
Design Overview & More
As with all of our generators, the FMT 100 kW microwave generator also features circulator arc protection and a 24 volt control circuit (per IEC safety standards). The volt ripple is less than 0.2 volts (the lowest in the industry). Microwave isolation filtering on the 480 Volt incoming power lines complies with Harmonics Emissions standard EN 61000-3-12.
It also features high voltage step start circuitry to limit inrush and a high flow/pressure cooling pump providing cooling flow greater than the listed requirements for the magnetron tube. The Ethernet IO connectivity built in makes for easy PLC integration and provides for excellent diagnostics. Twelve pulse rectification is standard to enable optimum high voltage supply to the magnetron tube. The generator enclosures are all constructed of food-grade stainless steel, though we recommend locating the generator away from excessive moisture or highly caustic wash-down areas. We build this generator to take 480 Volt/60 Hz 3-phase electrical service.
100 kW Microwave Generator Applications
As microwave power rapidly continues to reach new markets and applications, our technology grows to new heights alongside each industry requirement. The most common applications for our 100 kW microwave generator units includes food prepration and industrial materials processing. However, these units provide power to a range of processes, including:
- Moisture removal
- Thermal treatment
- Plasma processing
New Applications & Special Projects
Our team has experience with modeling, designing, and installing thousands of generators for industrial applications across the globe. Uniquely, we also have extensive knowledge and expertise with regards to installing international systems to meet certain area electrical or safety requirements. As industry leaders, we take pride in exploring new applications, endeavors, and special microwave projects with our customers. In a recent endeavor, we designed an integrated container-based solution, in which several 100 kW microwave generators were utilized together for outputs of 1 Megawatt. We regularly develop modular, custom-built solutions for new processes, applications, or environments.
Do you have a new application or process in which you believe microwave could be a fit?